Sweet, warming and spicy…Mmm, it’s no wonder pumpkin spice has become such a fall favourite. We get it! This distinct flavour has become synonymous with the Autumn season for a reason – it’s delish! And when you combine it in cookie form with the complimentary flavours of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and clove – wow! That’s a little taste of heaven. Pair these cookies up with a cup of hot cacao or a warming cup of tea, snuggle up in your cozies, and you have a moment of pure bliss! These Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies are much more than mere comfort food, though. They also offer some nice nutritional benefits:
Oats: Your digestive tract with thank you for eating a few oats! They can help ensure a smooth bowel movement, as well as helping with blood sugar regulation and supporting your cardiovascular system.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a sweet and warming spice that you’ll often find in fall dishes and baked goods. It is known for its blood sugar stabilizing effects and has been shown to help with cognitive function.
Whether you are looking for that cozie warming moment on a cold day or a dash of nutrition in your next cookie fix, these Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies have you covered!
Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Yields: 12 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
½ cup brown rice flour
¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
½ cup pecans, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground clove
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil, softened
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Combine flour, oats, pecans, spices, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add oil, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree. Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until you get a cookie dough.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet and gently press with fingers. Repeat until cookie dough is gone.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Enjoy!