I love the taste of curry dishes and love to pair it with some delicious indian breads. This chapati bread is delicious covered in ghee and sprinkled with some garlic and sea salt. Pull it apart and enjoy it with your favourite curry dish! I really enjoy this bread with Slow Cooker Chicken Curry.
Making bread doesn’t have to be hard. This Chapati bread is super easy to whip together. Prepare the Gluten-free Chapati Bread Flour Mix before hand and it’s even quicker! Basically you are mixing a few flours together, letting it set and then cooking in a pan on high heat. Let me show you how easy it is!
So once your bread has been setting for 1 hour. Cut the bread into four pieces like so…
Sprinkle a surface area and the dough with some extra flour and roll out flat.
Place in a dry pan on a high heat (be careful not to burn). This part will only take less than a minute or so and then you flip the bread. Remove from pan and use a knife or basting brush to spread ghee, sprinkle with garlic and sea salt! Wa-la! A gluten-free indian bread to have with your favourite curry dish or try this Slow Cooker Chicken Curry!
See full recipe below:
Garlic Chapati Bread
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes, plus one hour for dough to set
Cook time: 5 minutes
½ teaspoon sea salt, plus some to sprinkle on top of bread
¼ – ½ cup water
¼ cup sorghum flour for rolling
2 tablespoons ghee (My favourite is Lee’s Ghee!)
- Combine flour mix and sea salt in bowl thoroughly.
- Add a little bit of water at a time to flour mixture until makes a bread-like consistency. The dough should be firm and soft.
- Let rest in a bowl with saran wrap sealing the bowl for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Once rested, cut into 4 sections and roll them into balls.
- Sprinkle brown rice flour on surface and place 1 ball onto floured surface. Sprinkle a little bit more sorghum flour on ball as needed and roll out into a thin circle.
- Transfer dough to pan on high heat and cook for about 45 seconds or until bottom side shows golden dots. Flip bread and cook for 45 seconds or until it shows golden dots.
- Transfer to plate, spread on ghee and sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt.